Month: May 2016
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Mac Mail
1. Open “System Preferences” or the Mail application and select “Mail” on the top menu bar and select “Preferences”
2. Select “Mail, Contact & Calendars” or “Accounts”.
3. Select the “+” icon on the bottom left
4. Select “Exchange”
5. Enter your Name, Email Address and Password and select “Continue”
6. Mac Mail should automatically retrieve the mail settings. For Office 365, the server address is outlook.office365.com. For in-house exchange you might need to speak to your system administrator for the correct address.
7. Press “Continue”, and select the apps to use with your email account.
8. The account should now be configured.
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Outlook on WindowsClick here for download
1. Open Outlook
2. If you have not set-up an account before, an “Auto Account Wizard” will open, select “Next”. If the wizard didn’t open, in outlook, go to “File” tab and select “Info” and select “Add Account”.
3. If you are in a domain environment, your name and email address might automatically be filled in, if not enter your “Name” and “E-mail Address”.
4. Enter your password and click on “Next”.
5. A “Windows Security” box might appear, enter your E-mail address and password and click “Ok” to proceed.
Tick “Remember my credentials” so outlook remembers your password and does not prompt you when you open outlook.
6. Wait for outlook to configure the account, when you see the following message “Congratulations! Your email account was successfully configured and is ready to use.”, it means you have successfully added your email account.
7. Click “Finish” to complete the setup.
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Outlook 2016 for Mac
1. Open Outlook 2016 for Mac
2. Select “Tools” > “Accounts”.
3. In the “Accounts” box, select “Exchange or Office 365” (If you don’t see this screen, it’s possible you already have one or more accounts in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Just click the + at the bottom of the screen to add another account.)
4. Enter your email address
5. Select “Username and Password” as authentication method
6. Enter your username (this will be your email address) and password, check the “Configure Automatically” box and click “Add Account”.
7. You will see a redirection message. Check the “Always use my response for this Server” box and select “Allow”.
8. The account should now be added and it will appear in the left pane of the “Accounts” box. Outlook will begin downloading your messages and other items. When the account is connected, there will be a green indicator next to the account name.