Category Archives: Knowledgebase
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Outlook on WindowsClick here for download
1. Open Outlook
2. If you have not set-up an account before, an “Auto Account Wizard” will open, select “Next”. If the wizard didn’t open, in outlook, go to “File” tab and select “Info” and select “Add Account”.
3. If you are in a domain environment, your name and email address might automatically be filled in, if not enter your “Name” and “E-mail Address”.
4. Enter your password and click on “Next”.
5. A “Windows Security” box might appear, enter your E-mail address and password and click “Ok” to proceed.
Tick “Remember my credentials” so outlook remembers your password and does not prompt you when you open outlook.
6. Wait for outlook to configure the account, when you see the following message “Congratulations! Your email account was successfully configured and is ready to use.”, it means you have successfully added your email account.
7. Click “Finish” to complete the setup.
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Outlook 2016 for Mac
1. Open Outlook 2016 for Mac
2. Select “Tools” > “Accounts”.
3. In the “Accounts” box, select “Exchange or Office 365” (If you don’t see this screen, it’s possible you already have one or more accounts in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Just click the + at the bottom of the screen to add another account.)
4. Enter your email address
5. Select “Username and Password” as authentication method
6. Enter your username (this will be your email address) and password, check the “Configure Automatically” box and click “Add Account”.
7. You will see a redirection message. Check the “Always use my response for this Server” box and select “Allow”.
8. The account should now be added and it will appear in the left pane of the “Accounts” box. Outlook will begin downloading your messages and other items. When the account is connected, there will be a green indicator next to the account name.
Choose which email address to use to send an email message
* Open outlook
* Click on “New” to compose a new message
* Select the “Options” tab on the top ribbon
* Enter the E-mail address you would like to send as.
The above method will require the user to have send as permission, check with your system administrator if you are unsure.
How to change your password in Office 365
Login to the office 365 portal at https://portal.office.com
Click the cog in the top right hand corner, then Office 365 Settings
Select the ‘Security & Privacy’ option from the left-hand menu and then ‘Password’
Enter your existing password and new password twice and press submit to confirm.
You will now need to update this password on any computer or mobile device you use to access your Office 365 Mailbox.
Adding users to email groups in the new Office 365 webmail
1. Navigate in your browser to login.microsoftonline.com and login using your email address and password (ask your administrator if you’re unsure as to what these are).
2. Select the Mail option.
3. Open the settings menu by clicking the Cog Icon in the top right of the screen.
4. In the Office 365 settings menu, click on the Options button.
5. This will open the Mail Options tab on the left side of the screen. From there, click the Other option at the bottom.
6. On this page, click the Go to the earlier version link. This will bring up the older options menu.
7. In the old options menu, click the Groups option on the left.
8. On the right you will see the list of distribution groups you own. Highlight the one you want to add/remove users from and click the edit button (the pencil icon).
9. This will open a new window, in this window click the Membership option on the left.
10. In this menu, you can use the + and – icons to remove members from that particular group.
Note: This guide is will be applicable until Microsoft fully update to the new Webmail interface. When this happens, presumably it will no longer be necessary to use the “Go to the earlier version” option. At this point, this guide will be updated.
Guide to add a website to Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer
1.In your Internet explorer, click the Cog icon in the top-right.
2. Click on Internet Options then click into the Security tab.
3. On the Security Tab, click the green tick that is titled Trusted Sites.
4. With Trusted Sites highlighted, click on the Sites button.
5. Type your required website into the bar at the top of the window.
6. Click the Add button, then click Close on the Trusted Sites window, then click OK on the internet options window.
It is imperative that you make sure that the website you are adding in this manner is legitimate and not a scam/phishing website.