Why Outsourcing Your IT Support is a great idea
Technology has undoubtedly become the single most important and central component of any and all business strategies and infrastructure. Without new and modern technology, it is simply impossible to scale the heights and challenges that the contemporary industry poses in terms of competition and customer expectations.
This is especially true in an environment where the entire process revolves around your client- customer experience and satisfaction comes before any and everything else.
A good IT support system is equally as important as it makes sure that all of your networks are up and running at all times. A simple lag in your technology can have disastrous consequences in regards to production of your products and delivery of your services, thus negatively impacting the customer experience with your brand.
Business owners today, especially those having small and medium sized companies, are thinking about outsourcing their IT support for a multitude of reasons. Here is why outsourcing your IT support is actually a good idea:
CUTTING DOWN ON IT AND LABOR COSTS
A successful business strives to be as efficient as possible- meaning achieving their goals in the given amount of time at the expense of the least possible amount of resources.
Creating and maintaining a whole IT department can be extremely costly when you factor in the employee wages and the training costs. With your IT outsourced, you can eliminate these costs and still access the skills of expertly trained individuals.
Similarly, you also rid yourself of the need to invest in the infrastructure needed to create a fully equipped IT support department, as well the resources needed for maintenance and servicing.
ACCESSING THE LATEST RESOURCES
If you do not have the budget to be able to afford the latest, and most innovative technologies for your systems, outsourcing can be the solution for you. By doing so, you can access the latest technologies and high quality resources in IT support without having to invest the high upfront costs of making them in-house.
MAXIMIZING USAGE OF INTERNAL RESOURCES
This is particularly relevant for small and medium sized businesses who have limited resources to begin with. By outsourcing IT support, you open up this labor and infrastructure to focus on achieving business goals pertaining to growth and success. Your primary staff members, including managers and yourself as the business owner, you get time to focus on your core business and strategy.
KEEPING UP WITH COMPLIANCE ISSUES
Companies offering third party IT support are aware of the compliance rules pertaining to technology use, making them well equipped to deal with compliance issues that your company may be facing.
ENSURING SECURITY OF DATA
Cybercrime is at an all time high these days, and no one is safe from these attacks unless they take all the measures necessary for proper protection. Considering your customers trust you with their private information, it is important that you ensure the security and safety of their data. Outsourced IT ensures that the third party will keep your security programs up to date, maintain the firewall, and minimize the risks associated with technology and the online world.
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Mac Mail
1. Open “System Preferences” or the Mail application and select “Mail” on the top menu bar and select “Preferences”
2. Select “Mail, Contact & Calendars” or “Accounts”.
3. Select the “+” icon on the bottom left
4. Select “Exchange”
5. Enter your Name, Email Address and Password and select “Continue”
6. Mac Mail should automatically retrieve the mail settings. For Office 365, the server address is outlook.office365.com. For in-house exchange you might need to speak to your system administrator for the correct address.
7. Press “Continue”, and select the apps to use with your email account.
8. The account should now be configured.
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Outlook on Windows
1. Open Outlook
2. If you have not set-up an account before, an “Auto Account Wizard” will open, select “Next”. If the wizard didn’t open, in outlook, go to “File” tab and select “Info” and select “Add Account”.
3. If you are in a domain environment, your name and email address might automatically be filled in, if not enter your “Name” and “E-mail Address”.
4. Enter your password and click on “Next”.
5. A “Windows Security” box might appear, enter your E-mail address and password and click “Ok” to proceed.
Tick “Remember my credentials” so outlook remembers your password and does not prompt you when you open outlook.
6. Wait for outlook to configure the account, when you see the following message “Congratulations! Your email account was successfully configured and is ready to use.”, it means you have successfully added your email account.
7. Click “Finish” to complete the setup.
Adding an Exchange or Office 365 account to Outlook 2016 for Mac
1. Open Outlook 2016 for Mac
2. Select “Tools” > “Accounts”.
3. In the “Accounts” box, select “Exchange or Office 365” (If you don’t see this screen, it’s possible you already have one or more accounts in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Just click the + at the bottom of the screen to add another account.)
4. Enter your email address
5. Select “Username and Password” as authentication method
6. Enter your username (this will be your email address) and password, check the “Configure Automatically” box and click “Add Account”.
7. You will see a redirection message. Check the “Always use my response for this Server” box and select “Allow”.
8. The account should now be added and it will appear in the left pane of the “Accounts” box. Outlook will begin downloading your messages and other items. When the account is connected, there will be a green indicator next to the account name.
Choose which email address to use to send an email message
* Open outlook
* Click on “New” to compose a new message
* Select the “Options” tab on the top ribbon
* Enter the E-mail address you would like to send as.
The above method will require the user to have send as permission, check with your system administrator if you are unsure.
How to change your password in Office 365
Login to the office 365 portal at https://portal.office.com
Click the cog in the top right hand corner, then Office 365 Settings
Select the ‘Security & Privacy’ option from the left-hand menu and then ‘Password’
Enter your existing password and new password twice and press submit to confirm.
You will now need to update this password on any computer or mobile device you use to access your Office 365 Mailbox.